Divya Prabandham – English Translation

Dear Bhagavathas,

English translation of entire “Naalayira Divya Prabandham” authored by late Shri. Srirama Bharathi  is available in a single volume with:

Shri. Sadagopan Thirunarayana Swami Divya Prabandha Patasala,

1/170, Sannidhi Street,

Sadagopan Nagar, Jalladampet,

Near Pallikaranai/Medavakkam,

Chennai 600100

Contact Person: Smt. Sowbhagyalakshmi: +91 99529 60527

Price of a copy: Rs. 300/- (Courier Charges extra; approx. Rs. 50/- for within India)

Please note that this book only literally translates the pasurams into English. It does not carry acharya vyakhyanams or swapadesams.

12 thoughts on “Divya Prabandham – English Translation

1. S.Srinivasan October 22, 2011 / 6:42 PM

adiyEn saw this website just now and the details of the book by SriRamabharathi on Divya Prabhantham. I have been trying to contact the Patasala on phone/mobile but there is no response. adiyEn is planning to visit the Pathasala tomorrow morning to have the the darshan of Sri Thirunarayana Perumal and get a copy of this book as well as CDs of Sriramabharathi’s rendering of Prabantha pasurams in music. adiyEn is now staying in Alapakkam, New Perungalathur, (SSM Residency). If possible please inform them so that adiyEn is not disappointed after going there tomorrow morning.
    Regards,
    anbil S.Srinivasan

• kidaambi October 30, 2011 / 11:25 PM

Swami, I request you to contact Smt. Sowbhagyalakshmi first before going there so that you wont be disappointed.

2. Sanjay December 20, 2012 / 1:53 PM

How does one send the money to receive the most valuable Divya Prabandham in English.

• mukundh December 20, 2012 / 8:13 PM

Contact the person mentioned in the phone number. Also, please know that this is only a literal translation and not the work of the purvacharyas. So it is only a good start but not sufficient enough for one looking for purvacharya vyakhyanams.

• Sanjay December 21, 2012 / 1:08 PM

I really than you for your response. Are you suggesting that this is a transliteration of sanskrit into roman (that is what i am looking for).

• mukundh December 22, 2012 / 11:18 PM

No. I am saying that this is a literal English translation. So not really beneficial if you are looking for understanding the deeper meanings enshrined in them.

• Sanjay December 25, 2012 / 2:04 PM

Thank you, the reason I am looking for this is so that I can participate in the temple along with others who recite these prabandhams easily in english.

• mukundh December 26, 2012 / 10:00 PM

If you are looking for plain transliterated versions of Divya Prabandham, go to ‘Divya Prabandham’ section in acharya.org

3. Matt February 14, 2013 / 10:26 PM

I live in the US, if I send money to that address and enough for shipping will you send me a copy?

• mukundh February 15, 2013 / 12:37 PM

I don’t presently stay in Chennai, Matt. It would be difficult for me to do it. If you can wait until end March, I can arrange for the delivery by mid-April.

Also, please be informed that this is just a literal translation into English and does not capture the deep philosophical meanings enshrined in these songs.

In any case, you can eeach me at mukundh [at] outlook [dot] com

4. P RAMANUJAN July 25, 2015 / 10:25 PM

WHERE CAN I GET A BOOK IN ENGLISH WITH COMPLETE MEANING, VYAKHYAANAMS AND SVAPADESHAMS OF RENOWNED ACHARYAS FOR NALAYIRA DIVYAPRABANDHAM ? P RAMANUJAN, MYSORE